We all take different roads as we traverse in this journey called life. Let me lead you to my day to day discovery and the simple joy I found as a fan of BAE YONG YOON.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Feel For You

Today we have a deluge of interviews that BYJ made as part of the April Snow promo but what struck me most are

"Although he is a Hanryu star surrounded by devoted fans in almost all areas of Asia,he is much like a bird in a cage,with no freedom and no private space and time and life.He patted his own chest and said,If things aren't so bad, why would I be taking *Niuhuang Qinxin Wan? Not too long ago, I was just running with abandon along the Han River for an hour. Although at that time I felt as though my lungs were popping out,it was liberating, exhilarating.He further shared, ¡°People like us can only vent our emotions in studios or sets."

"I also want to make my own family, an make a happy living. Thinking this way is inevitable, because when I return home from busy work, and find myself alone, I feel very lonely. The loneliness is getting deeper as time passes by. The feeling is different from what I felt in my twenties. Those kind of loneliness doesn't resolve even I meet my friends.

I have limited chance to meet people. My life is like that. I've heard that a foreign paparazzi followed me for two months, in vain. I go to the gym, go home, and to to the office.... my schedule is plain. That's why people that I can meet are limited. Furthermore, I'm not good at attending parties and getting around.One thing, after I return home and take a shower, I visit my official homepage. I am encouraged by visiting there. The postings that my fans leave there give me energy like vitamine. I make my way out, but there is some part that my family influences me."

Here is a man whose mere presence has brought joy in our life, his sincere smile is enough to make all our pains evaporate in thin air. Yong Joon, your plight reminds me of the lyrics of the christiansong A Warrior Is A Child"

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

Chorus:
They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
(Aahhh)

Unafraid because His arrow is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
I never face retreat, oh no
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

Chorus:
They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
(Aahhh)

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
Align Center

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marissa, I'm also affected by that piece of paragraph which you have post too. Seriously since quite time, I've been getting.. depressed (?) thinking that he is so unhappy as he became more popular. Really, fans are taking him for granted and I really wonder how many fans do feel for him and his plea to give him a break sometimes. I really want to send him a note, ensuring him that we are concern of his well-being and will take a step back if he want us too, do u think it is possible?

2:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you dont mind, can I grab the piece of paragraph in your entry for my entry as I would like to pen some thoughts down too.. =)

2:19 PM

 
Blogger marissa said...

I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture. You can even post it at the KOB since he finds time to read the postings there.

4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home