We all take different roads as we traverse in this journey called life. Let me lead you to my day to day discovery and the simple joy I found as a fan of BAE YONG YOON.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sharing A Sisters Thoughts

posted by: belinda at Interactive section of www.baewatchphil.com

marissa: I would like to share the thought of a friend and fellow bae fan belinda here since amongst the baewatch sisters I'm the only one active in the blogging world

========================================

Once again, through the Korean GQ Interview, our dearest YONG-JOON speaks to us about his sleeplessness, loneliness, and feelings of anxiety over the loss of his privacy--the price he has to pay for being highly successful and visible. Maybe, this is a silent call for help. Maybe, he is just going through a transitional phase and it ain't so smooth. Maybe, all the hoopla he's been getting is much more than he ever bargained for and he is overwhelmed. Or maybe, it is a state-of-mind and he needs to tweak the mindset a bit. Whatever it really is, it doesn't sound good and, of course, we worry about his well-being.

If I could speak to Yong-Joon personally, this is one of a few "LOVING I-WISH-YOU-HAPPINESS TIPS" I would like to share with him ...

There was a man who asked God to give him happiness and God said, "No. My job is to give you blessings. Happiness is up to you."

I hope Yong-Joon's capacity to find happiness does not depend on other things or other people. I hope he will learn to be happy despite his circumstances. I also hope he will never forget that he has a choice. If it's something that will make him lose his spirit and rob him of a higher quality of life, I would rather he walked away from it, let it go.

However he may wish to deal with the price of success and all, I ask him only to let his walk always be a walk with God. In that way, no matter how messy things get, he can't go wrong.

I wish Yong-Joon would also remember that God does not expect us to give beyond our capacity. HE SAYS THERE SHOULD BE A CERTAIN EQUALITY otherwise we would go "bankrupt" and not have anything more to give. That would be very painful for a GIVER like BYJ.

I ask him to breathe more easily. He doesn't have to work too hard. He already is an invaluable gift to us.

6 Comments:

Blogger bbmag said...

thanks, marissa, for sharing belinda's heartfelt words. can almost feel the love emanating from those words... thanks.

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Marissa, thanks for sharing Belinda's posting, yes, he's an invaluable gift for us.

1:02 AM

 
Blogger marissa said...

Hi bb & camille,

I'm happy to share the thoughts of one silent fan on BYJ's thoughts.

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Marissa for sharing Belinda's beautiful thoughts. Yes, we do have a choice in every step we take. God would not ask us to carry more than we can bear. I hope Yong Joon will refer back to his Catholic faith and find comfort and peace in God's love.

Oh boy, I feel like I am giving a sermon here in your blog! Chung-mai Kam-sam-hamnida! (I'll find out how I should say this in Tagalog next time, ok?) Anyway, thanks for sharing this lovely piece! Take care!

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, sorry Marissa! I meant Jeu-sum-hamnida! (means sorry, right?)

8:42 PM

 
Blogger marissa said...

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for appreciating Belinda's writing.You are right in saying that God only gives us a cross that we can carry. I hope he can find peace in his faith.

Have a pleasant day.

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home