We all take different roads as we traverse in this journey called life. Let me lead you to my day to day discovery and the simple joy I found as a fan of BAE YONG YOON.

Friday, January 27, 2006

A Filial Son Celebrating The Holiday

I'm glad to know that Yong Joon will be taking time-off from his busy schedule to spend Seollal with his family. I can almost imagine him doing his "sebae" or ceremonial bow to his parents wearing a traditional korean attire.

Then they will have "tteokguk," or steamed rice cake soup for breakfast. It's a traditional belief for koreans that you don't become a year older until you've had your bowl of tteokguk on that day. I'm sure his mother is now busy preparing food as offerings to their ancestors.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fei said...

Hihi Marissa!! Happy new year to you too!! Hehe.. not sure if u guys do have such a festive or not though... =p

12:38 AM

 
Blogger Fei said...

It is quite amazing how Yong Joon got us to be so interested in Korean culture, don't u feel? Hehe.. I'm glad that Yong Joon is able to spend lotsa time with his family this time round.. he seldom have such a chance.. =)

12:40 AM

 
Blogger marissa said...

Hello dear chris,

The Phil. has a large chinese community and the influence rubbed on to most of us.

11:04 PM

 
Blogger mishio said...

Hi marissa!

If I were Korean, I'd surely hold my ravenous hunger and refuse tteokguk every year!
Hope you are basking in the festivities of this holiday!

2:08 AM

 
Blogger marissa said...

hahaha, so you have plans to stay young forever just like Mr. Sohn.
I did have some sticky rice cakes yesterday.

10:22 AM

 
Blogger LoveJoyPeace said...

Hey Marissa,
In Chinese custom we have something similar which we take on the 15th day I think which also make us one year older. It is called Tang Yuan. Tang means soup and Yuan means round and it is make of glutinuous rice flour. In Singapore we put all kind of fillings like peanut, red beans, sesame paste in it. It is quite yummy and we call it ah boh leng and i don't know what that mean! hehe.

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home