We all take different roads as we traverse in this journey called life. Let me lead you to my day to day discovery and the simple joy I found as a fan of BAE YONG YOON.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Reason Enough


Here I am in the middle of the night or technically the first hour of a new day in front of my pc. I just finished checking the sites I frequent for any news about BYJ, which made me think how much he has become a part of my daily life. Funny that a man I’ve never even met in person will figure prominently in defining what I am now.

He came into my life when I was broken from within. I needed healing and God somehow took pity of me and sent him to speak to my soul. Those times spent in front of the television every night watching Joon Sang made me realize that I’m still capable of feeling. After two years I felt alive and that’s when I started to use the internet in getting all the information about him. My journey has started…….
It’s been three years and a lot have happened since then. My “crush” on the character he played in WLS has developed into respect and admiration on the MAN that is BAE YONG JOON. We opened a lot of doors for me to explore, friendships to develop, culture to learn and a whole new world to discover. He has taught me life lessons by example ~

To stand-up for my conviction even if things don’t go my way. I remember how vocal I was in expressing my outrage at the negative write-ups we was getting after the premiere of April Snow. But through it all he stayed composed, sure he felt hurt because he gave his best but he was humble enough to know that he cannot please everyone.

To give my all in everything that I do. How many times have we seen clips of him doing a scene over and over again until he feels satisfied that he has given his best. With his stature, he can easily cut some slack but he believes that he owes it to the people who kept supporting him to be the best that he can be.


He taught me patience, and boy are we all practicing that virtue everyday for the past two months. I’m sure he is aware of how much we miss him but in order to present us with another work worthy of our wait, he must undergo a lot of preparation. So I’m left with no choice but to wait, and wait……


Those are just some of the things I’ve learned and I’m sure that there is more that I will learn along the way. So being just an ordinary fan of a star that is so far away is reason enough to invest my time.


Good night dear Yong Joon and thank you for coming into my life……

4 Comments:

Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Marissa
You're writing what i wanted to say but can't find the right words.
Thank you my dear.
Miss our man so much.

2:23 AM

 
Blogger bbmag said...

funny... i could swear he taught the same things too. except no. 1, i tend not to get too upset or affected when i read negative stuff about him :p

nice, reflective piece here.

6:42 PM

 
Blogger marissa said...

hi camille,

I guess what I wrote is a common denominator amongst us who admire him.

bb,
Don't worry I included restraint in my new years resolution so I hope I won't react adversely to all negative write-ups that I may read in the future.

10:55 AM

 
Blogger LoveJoyPeace said...

Hi Marissa,
what you wrote reminded me of my personal journey too! The different blogs I visited on Bae related blog is like travelling into the world of others and seeing myself or feeling the sunshine as I move through space. It's a wonderful feeling of learning and experiencing through the eyes of others. Thanks for sharing! ;)

3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home