We all take different roads as we traverse in this journey called life. Let me lead you to my day to day discovery and the simple joy I found as a fan of BAE YONG YOON.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

April Snow and Me

I've watched the movie last night but I have no plans of making a review of the movie until I've watched it again 3 or 4 more times. In the meantime, I would just like to share my personal stake while watching the movie.

For people who knew me and what I've been through a few years back, they will understand why I have a deep emotional connection to the story of April Snow. There is a fear in me that watching it would bring back old ghost of the past which I have managed to conquer just a few years back. I came prepared with two hankies just in case but thankfully the movie did not focus much in playing with the emotions but with just bringing up the scenarios and letting people read between the lines.

Like Insoo and So Young, I felt the pain of betrayal from a spouse and like them I didn't get the chance to rant and rave upon hearing the news. I can emphatize with their sometimes stoic portrayal because that is exactly how some of us feel when we go through the motions of living but is silently hurting. Wanting answers but not getting any.......

Revenge, having an affair, getting even - such things comes to mind because one seeks understanding on why such things happen. It's easy to pass judgement on those who commit the sin of adultery because we were all raised knowing that it's wrong. We think those couples are just selfish people who wants to massage their ego, definitely there cannot be love when there is sin involved. One cannot fully understand until one has crossed the line and experienced it yourself. I remember Insu when his wife asked why he is not asking about what happened. His answer " I wanted to ask you before but not anymore". I too found that closure in a painful way. I've loved and lost again because such love is not meant to be. As the passage to a song goes...........

We had the right love at the wrong time
Guess I always knew inside
I wouldn't have you for a long time.

Somewhere down the road,
our roads are gonna cross again
It doesn't really matter when
But somewhere down the road
I know that heart of yours will come to see
That you belong to me.

Letting go, is just another way to say
I'll always love you so.....

4 Comments:

Blogger bbmag said...

marissa, honestly i don't even know what to say to your latest blog entry. somehow, saying i'm sorry to hear of your experience sounds lame.

i guess it's a situation i would never wish on anyone. but i guess in life, there will always be things that are out of our control. i've always believed in taking control in the things that are without our control, as for things that are beyond our control, well, we can only pray and hope for the best. and as always in life, not everything happens the way we want them to. guess we have to learn to take the good with the bad, the sad with the happy moments. and there will always be happy moments. and even when something bad happens, i always tell myself, this too shall pass.

and if we don't let go of the past, and if we don't open our eyes to what's in the present and in the future, we will be too wrapped up in the past to grasp what could possibly bring us joy in future.

as they always say, when one door closes, another one will open.

if that previous guy's not the one for you, there's someone else meant for us somewhere else, ya?

4:04 AM

 
Blogger marissa said...

Hi bb,

What you said is true, all will come to pass in time. What I've been through at an early age is not something I wish on others too but there were lessons learned not just by me but by people close to me who carried me through life when I needed it the most.

I remember Yong Joon saying he was depressed after filming because his character got through him and his own beliefs and values were challenged. I just hope that more people will see the movie for what it tries to tell rather than focusing on BYJ vis a vis WLS.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Flor said...

Hi again, we both have the experiences with a little twist nga lang. We both survived our ordeals let's just hope everything will work out fine. We can only keep on "FIGHTING" as Oppa said. I love that song of Barry Manilow, but to be honest it's just so hard to let go.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger marissa said...

Raina, everything has it's time. You still need to forgive yourself to start healing but I'm sure in God's time it will happen. Just remember that I'm always here for you.

9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home